Monday 21 January 2013

Audience

Audience is a very important element for creating and designing a magazine or any media source. Everything created within my certain genre of magazine will be aimed at a specific type of audience, this could include things like age, gender or interests. For example the type of magazine I am aiming to produce will be targeted at the ages of 12-18 which is the normal age range of a school. As my magazine is for a school it fits perfectly. Also I am aiming to make it appealing to as many people as possible because I want this to be a magazine for both male and female. The stories inside will need to be engaging for everyone. I will achieve this by using gratifications theory so I will include: Diversion to help audience escape such as a game or a puzzle, personal relationships which will be a story that creates a bond with the audience and creates emotion, personal identity like a fashion page or gossip, and surveillance which in a school magazine could be exam time tables which inform the audience. I will try to include one or two of these elements into my cover lines and contents page.

No comments:

Post a Comment