Saturday 16 March 2013

Photography: Steven Horry

Double page spread shots: For my double page spread I have positioned my model to sit on a chair whist playing his guitar. The setting I chose shows key iconography of the Indie Rock genre. In the background audience can see shelves of records. I chose the guitar in which my model used for the pictures, this was a vintage Gibson 1964 guitar. This certain guitar is typically associated with the Rock and Indie Rock genre. I chose to use this guitar for my photographs because of what genre it shows. Also the fact that it is red was another reason for my decision. As in my beginning draft designs I had used a lot of red within the designs, in things such as title, copy and shapes. So I thought this would be my best choice for an instrument.

Front cover shots: I decided on the compostion and clothing style that my model had. I chose a brown tweed jacket, white shirt and tie, casual skinny jeans and smart brown leather shoes. Typically this is the way which a person interested and linked into the Indie Rock genre dresses. I knew this is the type of style that i wanted to use, this was infuenced by my research into the representation of the Indie Rock Genre. I tried 3 different kind of compositions which were a white background with the model standing and posing. The next was one where the model sits on some steps posing with the guitar. And the last one was the model standing up against a dark wooden background.





No comments:

Post a Comment