Monday 15 April 2013

Article Copy

This is the article that I wrote for my double page spread, firstly I asked Steven a few general questions and then some more detailed ones. after I had taken some quick notes I then added in some other little details to make the article longer. Slighly changing some of the words and things that Steven would have said to me, to make it fit in within the conventions of my magazine.

STEVEN HORRY
The Lead singer/ Guitarist of ‘Nuisance’ answer some of AMP fan questions on their story as a band and also Steven as a person. AMP’s interviewer Sam Young catches up with Steven at his new flat to find out what he has to say.
The 29 year old Steven Horry front man of the 5 piece Indie Rock band ‘Nuisance’ alongside his band members which were unable to make the interview. Fellow members Paul Newman – Bassist, Ben Smith – Piano/ Synth, Daniel Homes – Drums and Justin Moon – Lead Guitarist. The band met in late 2008 at an open mic night in one of the bars at Camden town a usual hangout spot for all of the boys. Since then the boys have been writing songs with big influences from bands such as Suede, The Beach Boys, The Smiths and The Rolling Stones. So far the boys have released two successful albums and have played main stage at the famous Reading and Leads festival for two consecutive years. Also with regards to their second album ‘With No Heart’ Nuisance have been on a European tour playing at some of the popular cities within Europe.
AMP: Where was Nuisance’s first gig?
Steven: “We played at the Camden Barfly only a few months after forming the band, Dan had been working there as a Bar man for a bit and he managed to get us a 30 minute slot for one night I think another band cancelled. It didn’t turn out to bad seeing as we hadn’t been together for very long, I mean I thought it was absolutely terrible but somehow after that gig, we managed to get a few more booked at different bars around Camden every weekend, which was pretty amazing”
AMP: What is your most prized possession?
Steven: “I would definitely say my vintage Gibson 1964 guitar it cost me a bloody arm and a leg. Buying that meant I had to stay in every night and starve for nearly 4 months, just so you know I didn’t actually starve. But it was totally worth it, this guitar is my favourite and I’m never going to get rid of it now”.
AMP: What is your favourite TV Show?
Steven: “This is an easy one Doctor Who obviously it’s absolutely amazing! If you asked me anything about it I would know, and if you’re wondering yes I’m a bit of a Doctor Who fan girl. I own quite a few different memorabilia from some of the series. I think the best one has to be recently when I got married, we bought these cake topers which were two bride and groom Daleks to go on top on the cake, they were so awesome they’re both on my shelf now”
AMP: What do you like to do in your spare time?
Steven: “On the side lines to the music I love to draw and create graphics on my computer, I studied Art and design at college because that was my other love besides music. I’ve drawn all of my life and soon I’m going to be working on producing a book full of my work hopefully people will buy it”
AMP: What is the best album you’ve brought?
Steven: “It has to be Suede’s first album ‘Dog Man Star’ it’s a classic. Most of my favourite songs are from that album, I’d say that it gave me the inspiration to begin writing music in the first place”.
AMP: Nuisance festival gossip?
Steven: “At the moment I can’t give too much away about it, but I can confirm that we will be one of the main Head liners this coming year at Reading & Leeds. We do have other confirmed festivals for the year but I have to keep them secret or I might get in trouble with a lot of scary people”.
AMP: Finally, What’s the news on the new album?
Steven: “The lads and I have been working together on album 3 for a while now, should be released late September this year. We tried to go for the pure Rock sound again similar to our first album, working on the tight guitar riffs, trying to keep Rock alive with this one”.
WORDS: SAM YOUNG      PHOTOS: KAT DEANE

No comments:

Post a Comment